1/8 Photos of The One and Only Garlic Spaghetti
Very bold. If you are not a garlic lover, don't try this recipe. This is an adaptation of Spaghetti a la Carbanora. The garlic and egg are both raw, but don't worry, the butter melts, the egg cooks ever so slightly, the cheese melts and an indescribably heavenly amalgamation takes place. From the Best of the Best from Arkansas Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 raw egg
- 5 -8 cloves garlic, peeled and press (not less)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4-1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper (a lot)
- red pepper flakes
- vegetarian bacon bits or regular bacon bits
- parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- 1Boil spaghetti in a pot of boiling water; (don't over cook).
- 2While spaghetti cooks, prepare sauce (this is a thick paste that you toss over the cooked spaghetti).
- 3Place the egg garlic, butter, grated Parmesan cheese and dried sweet basil in a blender or food processor and blend together until smooth and well blended.
- 4(You can do this by hand if the garlic is pressed).
- 5When spaghetti is cooked and drained, (and hot) place it in a large bowl and add the garlic-cheese paste and chopped parsley and ground black pepper.
- 6Toss well.
- 7Place on servining plater (I warm my plates) and pass the red pepper flakes, bacon bits and more Parmesan and black pepper around for each to add.
- 8You can vary this recipe by adding sauteed onions and mushrooms, stir-fried green peppers or added cream or sauteed shrimp.
- 9Enjoy, and you will know you added enough garlic if you wake up the next morning tasting it on your breath.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The One and Only Garlic Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.8
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 165.0 mg
- Sodium 441.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g