Recipe by DailyInspiration
Found this recipe in my recipe file -- it comes from the Chimney Hill Farm Estate and is served at their Inn.
Top Review by lazyme
This was a yummy breakfast casserole. Originally, I had planned on other people for breakfast, but that didn't work out, so I made 1/2 the recipe for 2 of us in an 8x8-inch pan. It worked well and my grandson ate pretty much the whole thing with lots of oohs and aahs. lol. Thanks for sharing another keeper, Nancy. Made for For Your Consideration tag.
- 1 lb spicy breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean)
- 1 dozen egg
- 2 cups grated cheese (combo of cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- garlic powder
- 2 rolls crescent rolls (Pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry sausage and crumble into small pieces. Drain and pat dry.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch oblong pan with both packages of crescent rolls, pressing ends together to form a crust.
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix in cheese and milk and pour over crust. Top with crumbled sausage.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes. Top should be slightly golden and firm to the touch.