Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Melly Mel asked if there was a withdrawal patch for Recipezaar when she was going to be away for a while. I rushed in to provide this home remedy - but remember, this is not for long term use. You must return to Recipezaar as soon as your circumstances permit!
- 1 ounce of the most expensive chocolate, you can find
- 4 ounces real butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all in food processor.
- Process this, adding only enough extra virgin olive oil to make a thick paste.
- Spread on a guaze pad, and place it on your upper arm.
- Secure with first aid tape.
- Refrigerate unused portion until needed.
- Make a new patch twice a day.
- Place the new patch in a different location to avoid localized irritation.
- Return to Zaar as soon as possible.
i did not have chocolate so i substituted white chocolate, no butter either so i subbed peanut butter.....out of garlic and onions so i used shallots.wine was on hand, so in it went! i did have the olive oil and it worked quite well...... problem is i just did not get the same results as you posted..... did i do something wrong??????????? should i give this 1 star because it did not work or 5 stars for a great joke????????? what to do!?!? (hopefully, no actual humans were hurt in the posting of this review!).
Worth five stars with the following adjustments: Use one jar of Nutella instead of chocolate, make sure you use unsalted butter, use shallots instead of onion, up the garlic to 3 bulbs, add the bitters to the evoo and finally do not apply the patch to the upper arm; it works much better when applied to the left cheek and I don't mean the one you apply blush to.
I have tried this, It is a good idea, BUT, IT DOESN"T WORK.