Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Just the thing after an afternoon of ice skating or tobogganing!!
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 8 ounces hot coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces hot milk
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- Place chocolate squares into 2 heatproof mugs.
- Cover each with 2 oz hot coffee& stir until chocolate has partially dissolved.
- Add almond extract, balance of the hot coffee& the hot milk; stir again.
- Garnish with whipped cream& shaved chocolate.
Nice, smooth, and comforting on a chilly evening. A very good choice for someone wanting the taste of a fancy coffee drink, but without the alcohol.(Although I suppose this would also be just as tasty with a bit of Amaretto liqueur in place of the almond extract.)
Wonderful after a walk through the sunlit snow! I had no almond extract so I mixed 1 teaspoon almond butter into the rice milk I used. Perfect chocolate-coffee treat. Thanks for posting! Made for Comfort Cafe January 2010.
I made this for a January breakfast and it was wonderful to sip and slowly enjoy as the snow is softly falling. The bittersweet chocolate and coffee go hand in hand like a bride and groom and the almond flavor is a real high note. Even with fat free creamer for the milk and Cool Whip Light this is a smooth and creamy delight. Made for Comfort Cafe, Jan 09.