Prep 14 mins
Cook 15 mins
No fat at all. This recipe adopted from the RecipeZaar account.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- non-fat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray twelve 2 to 2 1/2 inch muffin pan cups.
- Into large bowl, sift flour with soda, powder and salt.
- Into medium size bowl beat egg whites and milk.
- Add sugar, then egg mixture into large bowl.
- With spatula, blend until throughly combined (mixture should be slightly lumpy).
- Gently fold blueberries into mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups about 2/3 cups from top.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes.
These muffins were okay! I added cinnamon but they were still a bit bland for my taste. I think I would add more spices if I made them again. I love how quick and easy this recipe is!
No-fat blueberry muffins is an oxymoron, isn't it? Amazingly good muffins, Ducky. I'll be making htese again.
Sorry but these just didn't do it for me. I think they need some spice, or vanilla or something. Thanks for posting however.