Recipe by Laura123
I made 5 pans of this for the electrical crews that came to help restore power to our town after an ice storm, hence the name. It's easily put together the night before and kept in the fridge until the next morning to bake. I used sausage but cooked ham would make a fine substitute. Prep times are approximate.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
So good!! I liked the hash browns on the bottom rather than bread so it wasn't soggy. I made 1/2 the recipe and used diced up sausage links since I didn't have the roll of sausage. I am also sure I put more cheese that is called for, but we LOVE cheese! Will be making this again!! Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 8 hash brown patties, frozen
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb mild breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place frozen hash browns in a single layer in a lightly greased 9" x 13" baking dish. Trim hash browns to fit if needed.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and cooked sausage.
- In large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and add the salt and mustard.
- Pour the egg mixture over the hashbrowns.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Or you can cover with foil and put in fridge overnight.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until center is done.
- Serve hot.