Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
The perfect accompaniment to watching the movie.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 precooked potatoes, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek chili paste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel powder
- 1 cup cashew nuts, ground in food processor
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, each cut into 4-6 pieces
- 2 cups water
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 -6 cups cooked basmati rice
- Add the oil to a medium sized frying pan. Heat oil on medium-high heat. Stir in the spices, chili paste and cashew nut paste. Stir frequently for about 1 minute, just to allow spices to become fragrant.
- Add the onions. Continue stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces. Stir to coat pieces with spice mixture.
- Add the 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- After 15 minutes, add the cut potatoes and quartered tomatoes. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Check the seasonings.
- Add salt and sugar. Add the coconut milk. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve over cooked basmati rice.