1 hr 5 mins
Member #610488's Note:
The perfect accompaniment to watching the movie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 precooked potatoes, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek chili paste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel powder
- 1 cup cashew nuts, ground in food processor
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, each cut into 4-6 pieces
- 2 cups water
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 -6 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1Add the oil to a medium sized frying pan. Heat oil on medium-high heat. Stir in the spices, chili paste and cashew nut paste. Stir frequently for about 1 minute, just to allow spices to become fragrant.
- 2Add the onions. Continue stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken pieces. Stir to coat pieces with spice mixture.
- 4Add the 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- 5After 15 minutes, add the cut potatoes and quartered tomatoes. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Check the seasonings.
- 6Add salt and sugar. Add the coconut milk. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve over cooked basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The New Exotic Marigold Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2090.9
- Calories from Fat 720
- Total Fat 80.1 g
- Saturated Fat 40.9 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 811.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 272.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 119.7 g
- Protein 76.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sambal oelek chili paste