Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
The days of ham, pineapple and green peppers are over! This pizza is yummier, better for you and sooo much prettier than anything else you will find from Dominos, Pizza Hut or your local pizza place! A tip: Allow your fruit to drain very well so as not to sweat alot later! Cook time includes refrigeration time.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla beans, split and seed scraped out or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 7 ounces caramel candies (I used Kraft, about 1/2 the bag)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 banana, sliced and drizzled with a little
- lemon juice, to prevent browning
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can pineapple, well drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 mango, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients throughly and divide in half.
- Press each half onto a pizza pan being sure to evenly spread it all the way to the edge.
- Bake each crust 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Mix 2 tablespoons water, vanilla,cinnamon and sugar in a small sauce pan, over low heat until sugar has melted.
- Beat sugar syrup into ricotta cheese until throughly incorporated.
- Spread over cooled crusts; This is the"sauce".
- Add pecans and fruit, placing each to look like pizza toppings.
- You can use basically any kind of fruit that you like but I liked the above ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels in 1 tablespoon water, until smooth.
- Drizzle over pizza to look like"cheese".
- Chill for an hour. Slice and serve.