1 hr 32 mins
1 hr 12 mins
The days of ham, pineapple and green peppers are over! This pizza is yummier, better for you and sooo much prettier than anything else you will find from Dominos, Pizza Hut or your local pizza place! A tip: Allow your fruit to drain very well so as not to sweat alot later! Cook time includes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla beans, split and seed scraped out or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 7 ounces caramel candies (I used Kraft, about 1/2 the bag)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 banana, sliced and drizzled with a little
- lemon juice, to prevent browning
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can pineapple, well drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 mango, sliced
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Mix all ingredients throughly and divide in half.
- 4Press each half onto a pizza pan being sure to evenly spread it all the way to the edge.
- 5Bake each crust 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- 7Mix 2 tablespoons water, vanilla,cinnamon and sugar in a small sauce pan, over low heat until sugar has melted.
- 8Beat sugar syrup into ricotta cheese until throughly incorporated.
- 9Spread over cooled crusts; This is the"sauce".
- 10Add pecans and fruit, placing each to look like pizza toppings.
- 11You can use basically any kind of fruit that you like but I liked the above ingredients.
- 12In a small saucepan, melt caramels in 1 tablespoon water, until smooth.
- 13Drizzle over pizza to look like"cheese".
- 14Chill for an hour. Slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The NEW and IMPROVED Hawaiian pizza
Serving Size: 1 (3057 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3225.0
- Calories from Fat 1309
- Total Fat 145.4 g
- Saturated Fat 49.1 g
- Cholesterol 233.1 mg
- Sodium 1226.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 453.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.4 g
- Sugars 323.6 g
- Protein 56.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: