Recipe by strawberries shortcake
These are so good! I've been making them for my family for years, I like to add white chocolate and extra (mixed) nuts. I hope you enjoy! I also use 2 &1/2 cups regular oatmeal and 2&1/2 cups instant (I prefer maple and brown sugar)
Top Review by Brenda.
I scaled the recipe back to a quarter of the recipe (I'd eat them all if I made a full batch). I got just about 2 dozen. I really liked the addition of blended oatmeal. I agree these are great! Thanks for sharing. *Made for PAC Spring 2010*
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder)
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -8 ounce Hershey Bar (grated, I use 2 bars)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups chopped nuts (your choice, I like pecans and almonds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla;
- mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
- Add chocolate chips,Hershey Bar and nuts.
- Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.