Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so good! I've been making them for my family for years, I like to add white chocolate and extra (mixed) nuts. I hope you enjoy! I also use 2 &1/2 cups regular oatmeal and 2&1/2 cups instant (I prefer maple and brown sugar)
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder)
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -8 ounce Hershey Bar (grated, I use 2 bars)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups chopped nuts (your choice, I like pecans and almonds)
- Cream the butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla;
- mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
- Add chocolate chips,Hershey Bar and nuts.
- Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
I scaled the recipe back to a quarter of the recipe (I'd eat them all if I made a full batch). I got just about 2 dozen. I really liked the addition of blended oatmeal. I agree these are great! Thanks for sharing. *Made for PAC Spring 2010*
I agree with Strawberry Shortcake, these are so good. In the recipe I've got is the same except it calls for 2tsp baking soda in addition to the powder. Anyway made these for valentines day and they were a hit!. Used less chocolate, no nuts and golden raisins, just his preferance. Wonderful!!!