3 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 55 mins
Luvs 2 Cook's Note:
Show: Down Home with the Neelys Episode: Neely All the Time Time does not include marinating time. After reading reviews I think I will cut back on salt in the rub. Depending on your grill you might need to cook longer. I have not tried this recipe yet though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cola Barbecue Sauce
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml ketchup
- 340.19 g can cola
- 118.29 ml apple cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml onion powder
- 7.39 ml ground mustard
- 7.39 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1For the sauce: In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add oil. Once heated, add the onion and garlic and saute until tender. Add all the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 2For the dry rub: Whisk all dry ingredients together in a small bowl. This can be stored up to 6 months in an airtight container.
- 3For the ribs: Rinse and dry ribs. Place on a clean cutting board, pull off the membrane and trim the ribs of excess fat. Liberally season both sides of the ribs with rub. Wrap ribs with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 to 12 hours so flavors can permeate.
- 4Preheat grill to 250 degrees F. using hickory and charcoal. Set up your grill for indirect heat.
- 5Place ribs, meatier side down, on the grill away from the coals. Close grill cover. Cook the pork ribs for 1 hour 15 minutes; flipping several times for even cook.
- 6*Coat ribs with Sweet Cola Barbecue Sauce and cook for another 20 minutes.
- 7*Reserve some of the sauce for dipping when the ribs are served.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Neelys Sweet Cola Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4887.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 51.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pork spare rib racks