Prep 24 hrs
Cook 5 hrs
My husband and I saw this on Food Networks Down Home With the Neeley's and had to try it. I am so glad we did! It is awesome!!! The ONLY way we will make ribs anymore!!! These ribs are time consuming; it is an all day job, so make these on a day that you have 5 or 6 hours to spare! You won't be dissapointed!!!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- Mix all the dry rub ingredients together.
- Rub desired amount onto a rack of baby back ribs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator for 24 hours before grilling.
- Heat your charcoal grill and prepare it to use your smoker attachment. If you do not have a smoker (we don't) just situate the charcoals to one side of the grill.
- When grill is heated and the flames go away place rack of ribs, skin side up, on the grill on the opposite side that the charcoals are on. This makes for cooking with indirect heat.
- Cook ribs on grill for 5 or 6 hours, turning and basting with your favorite BBQ sauce (ours is Sweet Baby Rays hickory and brown sugar) every 30 minutes. Temperature of grill should be around 225 degrees.
Made this for Memorial Day family gathering and everyone raved about the ribs! I also let the meat sit overnight with the dry rub and baked in the oven. They were fantastic! The only change was, I used smoked paprika. We live in Kansas City and know our barbeque and this is the best!
I was in a hurry and skipped the 24 hours in the fridge.. Didn't have enough Mustard so I didn't use...Had company and it's like a 100 degrees outside ,so decided on the oven....300 ° meat side up for 2 hours 15 mins to 2 1/2 hrs or till pork pulls from bone...Sauced with Mustard based BBQ sauce..once sauced put under broiler for 3 min or till bubbling..Boys and Girls this is absolute Delish...Enjoy
These ribs came out perfect. Soooooo tender and juicy. Great flavor from the rub. We were fighting for the last one in my house!!!!! Making again this weekend. Love them.