My husband and I saw this on Food Networks Down Home With the Neeley's and had to try it. I am so glad we did! It is awesome!!! The ONLY way we will make ribs anymore!!! These ribs are time consuming; it is an all day job, so make these on a day that you have 5 or 6 hours to spare! You won't be dissapointed!!!
- Mix all the dry rub ingredients together.
- Rub desired amount onto a rack of baby back ribs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator for 24 hours before grilling.
- Heat your charcoal grill and prepare it to use your smoker attachment. If you do not have a smoker (we don't) just situate the charcoals to one side of the grill.
- When grill is heated and the flames go away place rack of ribs, skin side up, on the grill on the opposite side that the charcoals are on. This makes for cooking with indirect heat.
- Cook ribs on grill for 5 or 6 hours, turning and basting with your favorite BBQ sauce (ours is Sweet Baby Rays hickory and brown sugar) every 30 minutes. Temperature of grill should be around 225 degrees.