Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on a website called Choice Cooking Recipes. I have never found a prepared dijon-mayo blend, so I just use 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard and 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise, and blend the two conditments together with a knife. Most in my family like this sandwich with a few thin slices of red onion added, but that's our own addition (it's not a part of the original recipe), so I've listed that as an optional ingredient.
- 1 crusty sandwich roll, split
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard-mayonnaise blend
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 2 slices deli ham
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 slices deli roast beef
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices red onions (optional)
- 1 slice muenster cheese
- Preheat the oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Open the sandwich roll onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the mustard-mayonnaise blend on one half of the roll. [NOTE: use 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise if you don't have a prepared dijon-mayo blend on hand]. Top with turkey, Swiss cheese, and ham (in that order) on top of the mustard-mayo mixture.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the other half of the roll. Top with the roast beef, tomato slices, onion slices (if using), and Muenster cheese.
- Broil the sandwich open-faced until the cheese melts and begins to bubble and the ham begins to crisp around the edges.
- Remove the sandwich from the oven and put both sides together. Serve while sandwich is still warm.
Nice flavorful sandwich. Made the dijonaisse, and it was very good. Made 8 of these 2 for each of us. ! for lunch, and 1 for mid afternoon. Made these on some onion burger buns.
This was so good! We had this SONday morning after church. I had made homemade kaiser rolls and made my own dijonaisse like you suggested, since we didn't have any on hand. Got rave reviews around the table! Thank you so much for sharing!