Recipe by PorcelainDoll
Even vegetable soup haters I know love this soup. My mom made it all winter, and it would be gone in no time! It freezes great. Put only potatoes and carrots in it, puree, and it's an excellent protein/vitamin rich baby food. Or, add the rest of the ingredients and make a mouth watering comfort food! Some soup pots have collanders inside them, this may make the cooking process easier for you.
- 3 -5 lbs chuck roast
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 cups celery, pieces
- 3 (11 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 (10 ounce) cans mixed vegetables (or frozen, if you like crunchier vegetables)
Directions See How It's Made
- place meat into soup pot.
- add onion, celery, and tomatoes.
- fill pot with water, bring to a boil.
- let simmer for 2 days, shutting off when you leave home.
- cool to room temperature.
- run soup through a strainer over a big bowl.
- pick out any nice meat pieces to add to the stock.
- take the back of a big spoon and the veggie pieces and fat through a strainer.
- add to stock.
- refrigerate for a day and skim the fat off the top.
- add veggies and heat up again.
- you now have a fat free, delicous soup!