Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
I make these rolls for all our family occasions. Everyone loves them! Bake and enjoy! This is a lot easier if made in a stand mixer. However, if you like knead dough by hand it can be done that way as well.
- 3 cups warm milk
- 5 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 7 cups flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter (reserved)
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm milk and let sit for approximately 5-10 minutes to proof.
- Add sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, salt and eggs; mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and a towel; let rise in bowl about 1 hour or until doubled.
- Remove the towel and plastic wrap and punch down the dough; if you like, you can let the dough raise a second time. It seem to make them a little lighter.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and divide into 36 balls. The dough will be very sticky so you may want to flour your hands.
- Place balls, edges just touching, in a buttered 9x13 baking pan; don't bother smoothing out the balls -- they will smooth out as they raise. I spray the bottom of my plastic wrap with Pam to help prevent sticking.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 30-40 minutes.
- Melt the reserved butter and drizzle over the top of the rolls before baking.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes or until golden.