This is the most ultimate rich dense buttery pound cake! no lein this cake but the eggs--- for best results this cake should be baked a day ahead and wrapped in plastic, or it can be frozen for up to 3 months, servings is of coarse estimated --- this is wonderful served with a blueberry or strawberry sauce :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans or a 4-quart tube pan.
- In a bowl cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes (you MUST beat for at least 5 minutes this is an important step!).
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- With mixer on low add the flour and salt in two additions.
- Immediately pour in batter into prepared pan.
- Tap pans to eliminate any large air bubbles in the batter.
- Bake 60-75 minutes, or until cakes tests done.
- Note: if the tops begin to brown too quickly tent loosely with foil.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Turn out the cakes then cool completely with the tops up on a wire rack.
- Note: if baking in a 4-qt tube pan increase baking time by about 5 minutes.