Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This originally came as a topping for a cake recipe that I also posted Red Wine Chocolate Cake. But ever since making that cake for the first time, I've been obsessed with this whipped cream and use it on anything and everything - pies, shortcakes, puddings, pancakes - you name it.
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chilled heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whip mascarpone, cream, sugar and vanilla together until soft peaks form — don’t overwhip.
- Use as a topping on your favorite dessert.