1/2 Photos of The Most Incredibly Awesome Lasagna/Lasagne!
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I came up with this after trying to duplicate lasagna I fell in love with at a Christmas party. I had some of the details/ingredients, but not the exact recipe. If you don't like ricotta cheese, like a creamy lasagna or just want to try something different, give this a whirl! PLEASE don't substitute anything...it just won't come out the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 ounces barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 -12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated or shaved)
- 2 (28 ounce) jars francesco rinaldi ultra dolce spaghetti sauce (also known as "Sweet and Tasty Tomato", you will have about 1/2 jar leftover)
- 1Make the Bechamel Sauce:.
- 2Heat the cream and milk in the microwave until it is hot, but not boiling.
- 3In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture begins to bubble, about 2 minutes.
- 4Gradually stir in the hot cream and milk. Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, continuing to whisk, 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until fairly thick. Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper. (I use about 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper).
- 5Directions for Assembling the Lasagna:.
- 6In a deep lasagna pan begin layering with thin layer of red sauce.
- 7Add first layer of pasta (4 sheets) on top.
- 8Then add layer of red sauce (about 1 cup) and béchamel sauce (about 1 cup). Sprinkle parmesan on top. Then layer a third of the mozzarella.
- 9Add second layer of pasta (4 sheets) on top.
- 10Then add another layer of red sauce (about 1 cup) and béchamel sauce (about 1 cup). Sprinkle parmesan on top. Then layer a third of the mozzarella.
- 11Add third layer of pasta (4 sheets) on top.
- 12Then add another layer of red sauce (about 1 cup) and remaining béchamel sauce. Sprinkle parmesan on top. Then layer remaining mozzarella.
- 13Add fourth and final layer of pasta (4 sheets) on top. Then top with red sauce and sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- 14Cover top of lasagna dish with cover or foil.
- 15Place assembled lasagna dish into oven for 50 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove cover and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- 16Remove from oven and allow to settle for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Most Incredibly Awesome Lasagna/Lasagne!
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 738.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles