Recipe by NetDiva Amy
You think I jest? You think I'm kidding? Make this mac and cheese and I guarantee that your guests will lick the pot clean and beg you to make it every time the see you.
Top Review by L.A. Stewart
This is aMAZING! What phenominal flavor! I didn't use the hormel bits...I wanted to use only fresh...but I can imagine that they give this even more zing! Thank you for sharing such a delicious recipe! A "keeper" for sure! xo LA :-)
- 1 lb macaroni
- 16 ounces shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 6 -8 ounces grated smoked gouda cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons hormel real bacon bits
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice bacon into 1-inch pieces and fry until crispy.
- Boil the pasta in large pot in salt water until al dente.
- Drain but do not rinse.
- Return pasta to pot.
- Stir in butter, milk, salt & pepper, garlic and sour cream over low heat until butter is melted.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese and most of the fried bacon.
- Pour mixture into casserole or Pyrex baking dish.
- Sprinkle a layer of the remainder of the bacon and bacon bit over the top evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted, bubbling and crispy on the edges.