Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You think I jest? You think I'm kidding? Make this mac and cheese and I guarantee that your guests will lick the pot clean and beg you to make it every time the see you.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 16 ounces shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 6 -8 ounces grated smoked gouda cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons hormel real bacon bits
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice bacon into 1-inch pieces and fry until crispy.
- Boil the pasta in large pot in salt water until al dente.
- Drain but do not rinse.
- Return pasta to pot.
- Stir in butter, milk, salt & pepper, garlic and sour cream over low heat until butter is melted.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese and most of the fried bacon.
- Pour mixture into casserole or Pyrex baking dish.
- Sprinkle a layer of the remainder of the bacon and bacon bit over the top evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted, bubbling and crispy on the edges.
This is aMAZING! What phenominal flavor! I didn't use the hormel bits...I wanted to use only fresh...but I can imagine that they give this even more zing! Thank you for sharing such a delicious recipe! A "keeper" for sure! xo LA :-)