Recipe by Dine & Dish
Wow, wow, wow is all I can say about this recipe. This recipe was taken from the KC Barbeque Society Cookbook and was submitted by Bob Zaban. We make a lot of pork loin in our house and I have to say this is the best recipe we've tried yet. Fancy enough for a nice dinner party and so flavorful. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Top Review by CountryLady
Since it was snowing & blowing out on the BBQ deck, I cooked my loin at 325F for 2 1/2 hours. I basted it every 15 minutes until my meat thermometer alarm rang. The result was moist & tender with a delicious semi sweet sauce with just a hint of orange. Thanx Kristen!
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub pork loin with mixture of ginger and salt.
- Insert meat thermometer in the thickest part of the pork loin.
- Arrange hot coals around drip pan in covered grill; place the pork loin fat side up on grill rack over drip pan.
- Grill with the lid down for 2-2 1/2 hours or to 170 degrees on meat thermometer.
- Baste frequently with mixture of barbeque sauce, maple syrup and orange rind during the last hour of cooking.
- Remove to serving platter and cut into thin slices.
- Garnish with red grapes, green grapes and parsley sprigs (optional).