Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Courtesy of Marti Hartick!!! Thanks again!!!
- 473.18 ml flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml oil
- 4 eggs
- 709.77 ml carrots, grated
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 118.29 ml butter, room temp (margarine is ok too)
- 453.59 g box confectioners' sugar
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- pecans, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the cake, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in carrots and mix well.
- Pour batter into 3 (8-inch) cake pans that are lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 18 - 35 minutes. Test using a toothpick.
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together.
- Add the confectioner's sugar and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Spread on the cooled cakes.