Air Force Mama's Note:
Great recipe, people will come back for seconds and there are never any leftovers. This dish is great right out of the oven or right out of the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 4 -5 ripe bananas
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 4Add the vanilla extract and cream of tartar.
- 5Add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 6Continue to beat on high speed until hard peaks are formed.
- 7Banana Pudding:.
- 8Combine sugar, flour and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- 9In a saucepan, beat the egg yolks.
- 10Over medium high heat, add the milk, vanilla extract and the flour mixture to the beaten eggs.
- 11Keep stirring constantly until it turns into a pudding like consistency. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 12In a large casserole dish, line the bottom with vanilla wafers.
- 13Slice the bananas and put half of the sliced bananas in a single layer on top of vanilla wafers.
- 14Add half the pudding on top of the vanilla wafers and bananas and spread evenly.
- 15Add more vanilla wafers in a single layer on top of pudding.
- 16Add the rest of the bananas on top of the vanilla wafers.
- 17Add the remaining pudding mixture and spread out evenly.
- 18Top with the meringue and spread out evenly.
- 19Bake 12-15 minutes until the meringue turns golden brown.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Most Awesome Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 233.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 5.5 g