Recipe by Tarra1
Whenever my Mom comes to visit, I know she has some favorite dishes, so I always try to make at least one of them especially for her. Everytime I make this soup she rolls her eyes to heaven and says I should start selling it, that I would make a fortune.
Top Review by Mrs. Doeinck
This was pretty easy to make but I was pretty disappointed when I tasted it. The potato flakes gave it a strange consistency and it just didn't have the flavor I was looking for. Maybe adding some chopped celery when sauteing the onions and then adding some frozen peas when adding the milk would make this taste better.
- 3 (10 ounce) cans baby clams (I use generic)
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 5 russet potatoes
- 4 medium onions or 4 large onions
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2 -3 chicken bouillon cubes, to taste
- 3 cups milk, I use 1%, but anything will do
- instant potato flakes
- black pepper (lots)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice onions and pan fry them until lightly golden.
- In a large pot peel and dice potatoes, add cooked onions, the 2 cans of clams with juices and the cream corn.
- Cover with just enough water to cover, add boullion and allow to come to boil.
- Once the potatoes are cooked there should be barely any water left in the pot. At this point chop the whole bunch of green onions and add the milk.
- Do not let soup come to boil just allow the milk to heat through.
- To thicken add instant potato flakes until it reaches the consistency you like.
- A little salt when frying the onions and lots of cracked or regular black is all the seasoning needed.
- This soup will thicken alot upon standing, but because it is reach in flavour when re-heating you can add a little water to change the consistency and wont lose any of the wonderful flavour.
- Serve with crusty bread for a very filling lunch or light dinner.