Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
My husband got this recipe from a co-worker, and it is a perfect decadent treat for a special occasion.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 ounces ghirardelli 100% cacao chocolate candy bars
- 4 -5 cups powdered sugar
- Prepare cake as directed on the box. Add sour cream, pudding and chocolate chips. Pour into 2 9-inch round baking pans. Bake as directed on box (you might need to add a minute or two to the baking time because of the added ingredients) Place on a wire rack to cool.
- For frosting, Chop the chocolate, then place in double boiler until melted. Cream together butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar. Add milk as needed for desired consistency. Frost cake. Garnish with chocolate curls.