Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was looking for a way to sneak something into my little girl's usual bagel spread and here it is. It is also good as a dip or cracker spread...in fact it might be a cute addition to the St. Patricks day celebration!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon cucumber, grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- green food coloring
- Grate 1-2 Tbs cucumber, more or less, depending on how soft or firm you want the spread to be.
- Grate 1-2 tsp of onion, to taste.
- Add 1 drop of green food coloring.
- Mix all together.
- Store in refrigerator.
My Hubby invited last minute guests to join us for corned beef and cabbage on St. Patty's Day. I whipped this up as a quick appy to snack on while sipping green beer before dinner. The flavor is light and fresh with the cucumber, but I did need to add a good shake of salt while mixing. I served this with rye crackers.