Recipe by Lokicat
This family recipe was passed to me from my uncle "Moochie" Snyder. When the zucchini and tomatoes come in from the garden there is no better "Sam-mich" on the planet!
- 2 -3 medium zucchini, cross cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons ghee or 2 teaspoons clarified butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Working in batches, pan fry the garlic and zucchini until lightly browned, turning once to brown both sides.
- While sautéing the above, toast the bread.
- On EACH slice of bread spread layer of mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste, and coat with layer of Parmesan cheese.
- On one half of sandwich put sautéed zucchini.
- On one half put fresh tomato slices.
- Put halves together and you have a marriage of flavor made in heaven.