Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This family recipe was passed to me from my uncle "Moochie" Snyder. When the zucchini and tomatoes come in from the garden there is no better "Sam-mich" on the planet!
- 2 -3 medium zucchini, cross cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons ghee or 2 teaspoons clarified butter
- Working in batches, pan fry the garlic and zucchini until lightly browned, turning once to brown both sides.
- While sautéing the above, toast the bread.
- On EACH slice of bread spread layer of mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste, and coat with layer of Parmesan cheese.
- On one half of sandwich put sautéed zucchini.
- On one half put fresh tomato slices.
- Put halves together and you have a marriage of flavor made in heaven.
Thanks Uncle Moochie! I needed a good recipe to use up tomatoes and zucs from my garden. Very yummy!!
Very tasty and very filling for a vegetable sandwich! I'll definitely keep it on rotation.