1/1 Photo of The Miracle 1-Minute Garlic Peeling Trick
Sue Lau's Note:
It works. There is another tip for this but it lacks an essential step (the trimming- and also, the lemon thing is a trick I like to use). I use a LOT of garlic being such a lover of things like curry, stir-fries, chili, and spicy foods, so you can imagine what a lifesaver this is for me. I never even thought until today to see if it was posted here @Food.com! I occasionally used to buy that stuff in the jar to use in a pinch but it really was horrible. SO glad to not have to go down that road again! Share this tip with everyone you know. No one should have to fuss with garlic!
My Private Note
- 1Cut the bottom stem end off the head of garlic and separate the cloves.
- 2Cut off the pointy tip ends of each clove and toss in a stainless or other metal pie pan.
- 3Top with another pie pan of the same size, and hold them together. You can use stainless bowls as well but the pie pans are just easier to hold.
- 4Shake the garlic for a little bit, then remove the top and pick out the peeled cloves. Occasionally there might be a stubborn one that needs a little more shaking, especially if it has a bruise so give it a look and see if it needs tossing in the garbage. Otherwise it just might like to shake itself longer.
- 5Store the garlic in the refrigerator in a little container; you can immerse it in oil (kept in refrigerator) if you like but if you cook every day or so going through this garlic should not be a problem.
- 6As for the lemon, rub it on your fingers and wash your hands with soap to get rid of that sticky stinky "you've been messin' with garlic" smell.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Miracle 1-Minute Garlic Peeling Trick
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g