Recipe by Krystal-Belle
This is such a fun and creative way to use the crumbs at the bottom of your empty tortilla bag after a long night of movie watching! "Migas" translates out to "crumbs", which is in reference to the tortilla chip crumbs that are used to fill this taco. Really a must-try. Add some spicy or mild salsa to top this taco for an explosive breakfast that is sure to stir up your senses!
Top Review by AmyMCGS
Sorry, but this one just didn't appeal to me after I'd cooked it. The chip crumbs got soggy and left an unpleasant texture in the eggs. If I tried it again I might use the chip crumbs as a topping, along with the salsa I used, so that they would stay crunchy.
- 3 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 small tomatoes, diced small
- 2 scallions, chopped small
- 3 teaspoons water
- butter (for frying)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cooking spray (for pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat each egg one at a time (beat each egg individually so that you get approximately the same amount of egg for each taco). Add in 1 tsp water, about 1/8 cup crushed tortillas, about 2 tbsp tomatoes, and 1 tbsp scallions.
- Over medium heat, put 1 pat of butter into a shallow pan and lightly fry flour tortillas until they are slightly golden and still very flexible and workable. Set aside (wrap in damp paper towels to keep moist/soft).
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat over medium flame.
- Once pan is hot, pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir quickly, then let it cok in one round piece (like an omlette).
- Once the eggs are almost done, pour about 1/4 cup of cheese on top and fold. Cook until melted.
- Put the eggs onto a warm tortilla and serve. This would taste great with any number of dips or sauces. Try salsa, hot sauce, guacamole, black beans, or whatever else comes to mind!