Recipe by silly sally
This is so easy, and whips up in minutes. A must on your Christmas buffet table! Origional recipe comes from General Hospital in Everett, WA. The cooking time listed, does not include the passive chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups eggnog
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 orange, rind of
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin on water to soften.
- In saucepan, place 1 cup of the eggnog, sugar,nutmeg, and softned gelatin.
- Heat over low heat, stirring often, until gelatin dissolves.
- Add remaining 3 cups of eggnog.
- Chill until partially set.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Turn into a 7-cup mold and chill until firm, 6-8 hours.
- Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Add cranberries and boil 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften gelatin in 1/4 cup water.
- Add to boiled cranberry mixture.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add grated orange rind and walnuts.
- Cool completely.
- Unmold Bavarian and serve with cran-orance sauce.