Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Dave Ahem, co-owner of The Melting Pot in downtown Minneapolis. Source: Midwest Home Magazine, Sept. 2007 Savvy Host Recipes.
- 5 1⁄4 cups vegetable bouillon or 5 1⁄4 cups chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, cracked
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Combine ingredients in saucepan on stovetop.
- Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to fondue pot with alternative heat source.
- Use to cook beef, shrimp, potstickers, chicken, mushrooms, potatoes, broccoli -- or anything else you can think of.
- Veggies are wonderful with "Green Goddess Dip" recipe # 346525.
Use less pepper and jerk if you want it to be less "spicy". I personally love a lot of pepper and flavor so I was all about that flavor.
I've had this at Melting Pot, but this version is SO peppery that it is hardly palpable. There was so much spice going on that ruined our dinner.
Deliciious!! It was perfect! Very flavorful.