Member #610488's Note:
This is a copycat recipe for The Melting Pot's Chopped Nicoise Salad, when it was on the menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart water
- 2 large eggs
- 3 quarts water
- 12 ounces red potatoes, peeled and cut into small dice
- 8 ounces green beans
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 large black olives, cut into slivers
- 12 large leaves romaine lettuce, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1Place the 1 quart water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Place the eggs in the pot and cook for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand for 12 minutes. Remove and run under cool water. Peel the eggs and put in the refrigerator.
- 2Place the water from the saucepan into a large stock pot over high heat. Add the diced potatoes and bring to a boil, then reduce heat until the water is simmering. Cook for about 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the hot water (leave the water in the pot) and plunge them into ice water.
- 3Let cool, remove from the ice water, then place the potatoes in the refrigerator. Add the green beans to the water in the pot and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Remove and plunge into ice water. Remove and place the green beans in the refrigerator .
- 4Place the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes to chill. Remove the vinaigrette from the freezer and whisk. Add the tomatoes, olives, romaine and capers and toss well.
- 5Coarsely chop the eggs and add them to the bowl. Slice the green beans into 1 inch lengths and add them to the bowl along with the potatoes. Add the tuna and toss until the salad is blended. Serve.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Melting Pot Chopped Nicoise Salad
Serving Size: 1 (6253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1167.5
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 213.6 mg
- Sodium 1548.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 172.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 87.7 g
- Sugars 59.6 g
- Protein 83.1 g