Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a copycat recipe for The Melting Pot's Chopped Nicoise Salad, when it was on the menu.
Make and share this The Melting Pot Chopped Nicoise Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart water
- 2 large eggs
- 3 quarts water
- 12 ounces red potatoes, peeled and cut into small dice
- 8 ounces green beans
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 large black olives, cut into slivers
- 12 large leaves romaine lettuce, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the 1 quart water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Place the eggs in the pot and cook for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand for 12 minutes. Remove and run under cool water. Peel the eggs and put in the refrigerator.
- Place the water from the saucepan into a large stock pot over high heat. Add the diced potatoes and bring to a boil, then reduce heat until the water is simmering. Cook for about 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the hot water (leave the water in the pot) and plunge them into ice water.
- Let cool, remove from the ice water, then place the potatoes in the refrigerator. Add the green beans to the water in the pot and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Remove and plunge into ice water. Remove and place the green beans in the refrigerator .
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes to chill. Remove the vinaigrette from the freezer and whisk. Add the tomatoes, olives, romaine and capers and toss well.
- Coarsely chop the eggs and add them to the bowl. Slice the green beans into 1 inch lengths and add them to the bowl along with the potatoes. Add the tuna and toss until the salad is blended. Serve.