From the book, THE MEATBALL SHOP COOKBOOK by Daniel Holzman and Michael Chernow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Frank's red hot sauce or 1/3 cup any other favorite hot sauce
- 1 lb ground chicken, preferably thigh meat
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 stalk celery, minced
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F Drizzle the vegetable or olive oil into a 9×13-inch baking dish and use your hand to evenly coat the entire surface. Set aside.
- 2Combine the butter and hot sauce in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat, whisking until the butter is melted and fully incorporated. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- 3Combine the hot sauce mixture, ground chicken, egg, celery, bread crumbs and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated.
- 4Roll the mixture into round, 3/4-inch balls, making sure to pack the meat firmly. Place the balls in the prepared baking dish, being careful to line them up snugly and in even rows vertically and horizontally to form a grid. The meatballs should be touching one another.
- 5Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until the meatballs are firm and cooked through. A meat thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball should read 165°F.
- 6Allow the meatballs to cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish before serving.
- 7In the meantime, to prepare the blue cheese dressing, place the sour cream, blue cheese, milk, mayonnaise, salt and vinegar in a medium bowl and whisk thoroughly until completely combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if desired.
- 8Serve meatballs with dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Meatball Shop's Buffalo Chicken Balls
Serving Size: 1 (1167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.5
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 1119.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 14.2 g