This recipe is in response to a discussion on the boards about Bisquick. Bisquick is apparently not available in the country where the originator of the thread lives. I prefer to use this in recipes that call for 'Bisquick' rather than purchase it, myself. If stored in the freezer, this will keep for several months. I hope you find this as handy as I do, since I could never keep 'Bisquick' on hand before. If I recall correctly, I think this came from one of my Make a Mix Cookery cookbooks.
- In a large pan, stir the dry milk, baking powder, sugar and salt into the flour; mix thoroughly.
- Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients until the MIX is the consistency of corn meal.
- Place the mix in a covered glass or plastic container and keep in a cool, dry place.
- In warm weather the MIX should be refrigerated.
- Use within a month.
- To measure, pile the MIX lightly into a cup and level off with a spatula or the back of a knife.