Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
For those of you who love bologna, here are a few "recipes" to try for variety.
DISAS FLYING SAUCERS
- 6 slices bologna (or as many as needed number 3 size slices)
- mashed potatoes, enough to fill all slices
- cheese slice, each cut into 4 strips
- 6 -8 slices bologna (you can substitute sliced ham for the bologna)
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- long thin dill pickle spear
- 6 slices bologna, 1/8 inch thick
- 2 cups warm cooked rice
- 1 -2 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
- paprika or roasted pepper, strips
- DISA'S FLYING SAUCERS:.
- Place bologna on cookie sheet and put in oven until bologna makes cup. Take out and fill with mashed potatoes.
- Top with 2 strips of cheese criss-crossed.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.
- BOLOGNA ROLL-UPS:.
- Spread bologna slices with cream cheese.
- Put pickle near one end and roll bologna around the pickle.
- Use toothpicks, if needed, to keep it rolled.
- Slice into half-inch thick and serve.
- BOLOGNA CUPS:.
- Bologna slices form hot and juicy cups when put under the heat of the broiler - they curl around the filling.
- Remove paper from bologna slices.
- Place on a broiler pan or in fry pan; edges should not overlap.
- Mix together rice, Tabasco sauce, cheese, celery soup and water.
- Place some of mixture in center of each bologna slice.
- Sprinkle with the paprika or top with a pimiento strip.
- Place in the broiler of a 350 degrees to 400 degrees oven about 8 to 10 minutes(or in the fry pan) or until bologna slices heat and curl around the filling.
Fabulous uses for bologna!!! Great for kids!! Yum, Yum to the Disas Flying Saucers!! Thanks, Nana!!!