Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Rye whiskey is the connoisseur's starting point, but bourbon is not without its merits. Martini & Rossi Rosso (sweet vermouth) is recommended. Store it in the refrigerator. Some bitters and a simple garnish and you have a fantastic Manhattan. From Details magazine, OCT 2007
- 2 ounces rye whiskey or 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 orange twists or 1 lemon twist
- Fill a pint glass with ice.
- Add the whiskey, vermouth, and bitters.
- Stir briskly for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled glass, and garnish with a lemon or orange twist.