Recipe by catalinacrawler
i got most of this recipe off a show called diner's drive-in's & dives but i did add some extra ingredients to put my own spin on the recipe. feel free to make any changes you see fit, as i believe recipes don't always have to be set in stone.
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips 1 1/2 inch wide
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, in water, halved
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- in a pot bring salted water to a boil, add 2 tbs olive oil & cook pasta til aldente, rinse & set aside.
- heat the olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- add onion & garlic & saute for 3 minutes, then add mushrooms & cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- generously salt & pepper the chicken.
- move some of the veggies aside, add the chicken to skillet & cook for 10 minutes stirring often but only flipping once.
- add the artichokes, spices, white wine & balsamic vinegar.
- put cooked pasta in a casserole dish, cover with the chicken & veggies, sprinkle on the diced tomato & spread the feta cheese on top.
- cover loosely & cook in the oven til cheese melts & chicken is cooked through (approximately 15 minutes).