Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
Sweet Cream-Cheese Butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift together first 6 ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and next 3 ingredients in another bowl.
- Gradually stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle (350°) or large nonstick skillet.
- Cook pancakes 3-4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked.
- Turn and cook 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Place pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.
- Sweet Cream-Cheese Butter--beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended after each addition.
- Add vanilla, beating until blended.
- Serve pancakes with Sweet Cream-Cheese Butter.