This recipe came from Mazzoni's restaurant in Louisville kentucky. They made louisville famous for them
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2Beat together egg and milk; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- 3Batter should be stiff, but if it is too stiff to coat the oysters, add additional milk.
- 4Beat until smooth.
- 5Put oysters in batter and stir to coat oysters well.
- 6Scoop up three oysters at a time and form them by hand into a croquette.
- 7Quickly roll croquette in cornmeal, covering it completely.
- 8Repeat with remaining oysters.
- 9After all croquettes have been formed, dip each again in batter and dust again with cornmeal.
- 10At this point, oysters can be refrigerated until time to fry them.
- 11Heat lard to 375°F in a deep fryer.
- 12Put 3 rolled oysters at a time in basket and lower into hot fat.
- 13The rolled oysters should cook on all sides; it may be necessary to turn them with a pancake turner.
- 14Cook through, about 3 to 4 minutes total cooking time.
- 15Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Louisville Natives Rolled Oysters
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 868.2
- Calories from Fat 664
- Total Fat 73.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.3 mg
- Sodium 340.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 18.2 g