Recipe by mollypaul
The Lodge at Sedona is an intimately elegant, mission style, four diamond bed and breakfast inn nestled in the very heart of Sedona, Arizona. The peanut butter adds a silky depth to this delicious soup.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup celery, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn (canned is fine)
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat in a large saucepan; add next four ingredients and cook until tender.
- Add peanut butter and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add chicken broth and corn, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cream; quickly stir in remaining butter.
- Ladle into individual bowls and garnish with cilantro.