Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the Louisville Hotel website
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 14 ounces sliced roasted turkey breast
- 2 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 4 slices bacon, crispy
- 2 roma tomatoes, Sliced in half
- In a two quart saucepan, melt the butter, slowly whisk in flour until combined and forms a thick paste (roux). Continue to cook roux for 2 min over med-low heat, stirring frequently. Whisk whipping cream into the roux and cook over medium heat until the cream begins to simmer about 2-3 minute Remove sauce from heat and slowing whisk the Pecorino Ramano cheese until the Mornay sause is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For each Hot Brown, place one slice of toast in an oven safe dish and cover with 7 oz of turkey. Take the two haves of the Roam tomato and set them along side the base of the turkey and the toast. Next pour half the Mornay sauce to completely cover the dish. Sprinkle additional ramano cheese on top and place under the broiler until the cheese begins to brown and bubble.