Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
we named this in honor of my husband's mom, who will throw together anything and call it dinner. she'd call this timman ou fassoliyah (rice and beans) but it isnt half bad. i added the basil myself for some sort of additional flavor, but its really pretty good and so fast. make with chicken or even cubes of beef or lamb. serve over my "iraqi timman"
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans (navy beans, great northern , etc)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1. combine all ingredients in a pot.
- 2. bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, cook at least 10 minutes.
- 3. serve over rice with bread.