1/2 Photos of The Last Red Enchilada Sauce You'll Need
Jamie Renee's Note:
This is the tastiest red enchilada sauce I have ever had! I could literally just eat it with a spoon. The secret is cocoa powder, do not miss that step! I found it on the Texas Monthly cooking forum. A lot of times I double the recipe since its so good. Serve it over enchiladas, burritos, or grab a straw! Its scrumptious!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2Stirring constantly, slowly add enough of the water to make a thin paste.
- 3Pour into pan and add rest of water.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- 5Stir in tomato sauce.
- 6Use in your favorite enchilada recipe.
- 7The amounts on the ingredients are very flexible.
- 8For instance, if I am feeding my kids who do not like"spicy", I will halve the chili powder and double the tomato sauce.
- 9Experiment to suit your taste, but don't leave out the cocoa.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Last Red Enchilada Sauce You'll Need
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 279.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g