Recipe by Pierre Dance
"How do I love Thee? Let Me count the ways." Hot, fresh from the oven, in sandwiches both hot and cold, fried or would that be refried? Crumbled for Pasta sauce, Omelets, Enchiladas, Tacos, Quesedillas. The other ingredient for Rice, Pasta, Potato, or what have you casseroles. There isn't enough room here to list them all. There are few things to compare with a good, basic, simple Meatloaf. That's why this recipe is so large.
- 5 lbs chuck roast
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup saltine crackers
- 1⁄2 cup dry milk
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 slices bacon, thick deli type,cut in half.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 f.
- Cut Roast into 1/4 lb pieces, trim most fat.
- Grind meat in food processor one piece at a time. It wants to be a bit course and not uniform.
- Combine dry ingredients in a blender, Pulse 'til crackers are ground.
- Combine wet ingredients in 6 qt bowl, mix well. Combine wet and dry, mix well, put 1/2 of it in another 6 qt bowl.
- Place 1/2 of the meat in each bowl, mix with hand mixer.
- Turn each bowl into the same greased 9x13 baking pan or dish, shape into loaf.
- Bake 45 min.
- Remove, top with halved Bacon slices, Bake 30 min. more.
- Use two giant spatulas to lift loaf out and place on platter. Don't let it soak up its own drippings.
- Nibble on the Bacon while you're waiting for the loaf to cool.
- Goes great with Smoky Mashed Potatoes.