Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. My son prompted me on a quest for tender, perfect scrambled eggs, and this is the best I've found. I like my scrambled eggs firmly cooked, but these still stay tender. They are perfect!
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a medium sized bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, water, and salt and pepper until fluffy.
- Using a nonstick frying pan, melt butter and cook eggs over low heat, stirring occasionally, until just set.
- Stir in the cheese just before serving.
- Cook until you reach desired consistency.
Delicious, fluffy, slightly creamy scrambled eggs. I used greek yogurt, which is healthier than sour cream but still has the same consistency and tanginess. This is how I will make scrambled eggs from now on!
The best scrambled eggs we have made my DW loved them.
Hands down the best recipe for scrambled eggs.Very light and oh so yummy.I will use this every time from now on when making scrambled eggs.