Recipe by Marie
Saw Paula Deen make this on the Food Network and it looks so delicious! The shortcakes are baked in muffin tins and they look like cupcakes which makes for a nice presentation. This would also be a good method to use for strawberry shortcake. Serve with vanilla ice cream and top with whipped cream.
- 4 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond flavoring
- 6 peaches
- 1 teaspoon fruit fresh (fruit preservative)
- 1 dash warm water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To make shortcakes, mix together bisquick, sugar, milk, butter and almond flavoring.
- Pour into 12 well greased muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- Peel, core and slice peaches and immediately sprinkle with Fruit Fresh to prevent peaches from turning brown.
- Add a splash of warm water to the peaches to moisten.
- Stir sugar into peaches, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, split biscuit in half and place bottom on plate.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and place top half of biscuit over ice cream and fruit.
- Top with more peaches and then a bit of whipped cream.