Recipe by Cooking to Perfection
I saw this recipe on Paula's Home Cooking on the Food Network. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks great! (There's a secret ingredient that adds extra flavor and richness to the dish.)
Top Review by Anonymous
I have made this many times...but with a few changes. I fully double the cheese and sour cream. I also reduce the egg to one. I add 1 tsp onion powder and 1 T powdered chicken stock.....and I add a 1/2 c. Grated parmasean to the noodles. SO much yummier than the original! Give it a try. :)
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture.
- Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Top with additional cheese if desired, and bake a few minutes more until cheese is melted.