Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I saw this recipe on Paula's Home Cooking on the Food Network. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks great! (There's a secret ingredient that adds extra flavor and richness to the dish.)
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture.
- Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Top with additional cheese if desired, and bake a few minutes more until cheese is melted.
nothing less than 5 stars, this is rich and very creamy, the only changes I made was I added in 1 teaspoon of onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, mine was hot and bubbly baked in a convection oven in 25 minutes, great recipe thanks for sharing Sus!
Didn't enjoy this macaroni much at all. I followed the recipe exactly and was very disappointed with the results. Not creamy or gooey or cheesy or anything. Isn't macaroni supposed to be creamy and gooey and cheesy? This macaroni had the exact same texture as eggs..I like eggs but mac and cheese should never be eggy; i could barely eat it without gagging..also it was very bland and didn't even taste like it had cheese in it. I will never make this again, sorry Paula!
I have made this many times...but with a few changes. I fully double the cheese and sour cream. I also reduce the egg to one. I add 1 tsp onion powder and 1 T powdered chicken stock.....and I add a 1/2 c. Grated parmasean to the noodles. SO much yummier than the original! Give it a try. :)