1/2 Photos of The Lady's Chicken Noodle Soup - Paula Deen
1 hr 25 mins
This recipe is from the days that Paula Deen started "The Bag Lady", where her sons would go out and sell their mother's meals. The recipe is courtesy of Paula Deen, 2003 Television Food Network. She was very overwhelmed when she cooked this soup and it looked very good! Hope to be trying it very soon. 05/08/07 Update . .DELICIOUS, did change a few things around - first added carrots and celery to the stock, as well as dill (it really makes the soup even better.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 3 1/2 quarts water
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery, leaves as well
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
- seasoning salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- crusty French bread, for serving
- 1FOR THE STOCK:.
- 2Add all ingredients to a soup pot.
- 3Cook until chicken is tender, about 35-45 minutes.
- 4Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool.
- 5Remove and discard bay leaves and onion.
- 6You should have approximately 3 quarts of stock.
- 7When chicken is cool enough to touch, pick bones clean, discarding bone, skin and cartilage.
- 8Set chicken aside.
- 9FOR THE SOUP:.
- 10Bring stock back to a boil.
- 11Add carrots, and cook for 3 minutes,.
- 12Add celery and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes.
- 13Add egg noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- 14When noodles are done; add chicken, mushrooms, parsley, sherry and rosemary.
- 15Add Parmesan and cream, if using.
- 16Cook for another 2 minutes.
- 17Adjust seasoning, if needed, by adding seasoning salt and pepper.
- 18Enjoy along with a nice hot crusty loaf of French bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Lady's Chicken Noodle Soup - Paula Deen
Serving Size: 1 (595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.0
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.5 mg
- Sodium 432.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: