Recipe by Jessien87
This is Paula Deens Recipe, and I found it so amazing I had to share it with everyone else!
Top Review by Susanne Hammett
I LOVE this recipe!! I have been using it for years. It's the only mac and cheese I make. My sister-in-law used to make it at every family gathering and everyone always looked forward to it. Finally, I asked for the recipe. NowI have everyone asking me for the recipe. I love it because it is not as heavy as the traditional heavy flour and cheese mixture. Sometimes I add crushed crackers or chips on the top. My kids love cheddar and jalapeno chips crushed on top. I ususally use whatever I have on hand.
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, Drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, Beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, Cut Into Pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- additional cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese if desired.