Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grand daughter requested a Donut Burger for her birthday (previously posted). This is a Paula Deen variation of it. From Paula's Home Cooking The Brunch Club.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- house seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 3 hamburger buns or 3 English muffins or 3 glazed doughnuts
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- Mix the ground beef, chopped parsley and grated onion together in a large mixing bowl.
- Season liberally, with House Seasoning.
- Form 3 hamburger patties.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the burgers and cook until desired temperature, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Fry bacon in a hot pan until crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Set aside.
- While burgers are cooking, heat a non-stick pan, over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter.
- Crack 3 eggs into the pan.
- Cook until the yolks are just set and still slightly runny and remove.
- Place burger patties on English muffins or buns, and if desired, on glazed donuts, as the buns.
- Top each burger with 2 pieces of bacon and a fried egg.
- House Seasoning:.
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.